Monday, February 8, 2010

Back in the US; Missing the Cappuccino already....

It was a long journey back; over 10 hours on the 1st flight, then 3 on a smaller plane, then 3 more on an RJ: I hate RJs.... Anyway, almost recovered from the jet-lag, ready to get back to business :) Missing the cappuccino already.... here are some of my fav. views from the trip....
Early morning, a view from the park near the apartment....

Lunch & cappuccino with Alysa at a cute little place we discovered while wandering around...


Sunset on an evening stroll; this was one of my fav. parts of town....


The chandeliers at the antiques market


The view from right outside our little apartment :)


Cadorna Station; passed through here so many times....


Another sunset on an evening stroll; one of the cute little alleys that is lined with unique shops, restaurants, & cafes.


And of course; the beautiful cathedral; this pic was taken when I was on the roof enjoying the spectacular views of the city.


The cathedral from below....

And the glass covered galleria; right off of Duomo square; so pretty!
It was a great trip; a few issues in the beginning (there always is), but all in all, I really enjoyed my time in Milano. I would go back tomorrow, if I could....my favorite part was living there like a local & enjoying the little cafes, seeing people walking their dogs in sweaters at the park, the open air market, & the people :) I was afraid that they would not be friendly because I don't know Italian, but it was the opposite, everyone was so welcoming & friendly: even if they didn't speak English. I found the locals to be warm & charming & happy to have crazy Americans in their shops & cafes trying to order in Italian :)
The city itself is beautiful & charming as well; the roads are crazy & hard to figure out, but it adds to the appeal, I think :) I would however, be scared to drive there.....they drive really fast down narrow, crowded streets that have so many crazy intersections: I would get lost so fast!! But, the public transportation is great, once you figure it out, & you can go practically anywhere in the city.
Looking forward to going back; I am hoping Alysa does well, & we have another chance to stay for awhile & see more of the city--maybe this summer when it warmer :)
Ciao for now; wishing for real cappuccino......
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment