Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Another Evening Stroll....

Tonight, I walked back to the canal where the antiques market was set up on Sunday; I wanted to check out some of the cute shops I had seen .... It was about 4:30 in the afternoon; most of the little shops were open, & the restaraunts were just starting to set up for dinner. Lots of cute places...some fancy, some just pizza shops...and lots of little artist/design studios & antique shops.
Had to get a pic of this one; for those of us from Challis....

Its funny the mix of things here; little shops & eateries & then a huge old church...then more little shops.
This is one of the few benches I have seen on my entire visit; appently Italians do not sit on benches & linger; nor do they like loungy comfy furniture or people who walk or drive too slow...

Cute little antique/curiosity shop....the window shopping around here is great :)

And, the entrance to a courtyard; almost all the buildings you see have an inner courtyard area like this; so charming; I want a courtyard....with a cool gate & giant door....
and another....

Here is the view looking back from where I just walked from; all the way down at the end of the water; the very last bridge...

I couldnt resist wandering into this courtyard; its an artist colony of sorts; out along the water, there are a couple little storefronts, with a sign inviting you to come into the courtyard; you are greeted by all these tiny artist studios around the perimeter of the space---I think there are living quarters above. I soooo want to stay here next time I come over....

Another cute little eatery, just getting ready to open up :)
And another cute little shop; see the artist in there painting away???
I wandered around, enjoying the sites for a couple hours. There is sooo much to explore; things are so concentrated. And, every little alley is lined with all kinds of shops & fun restaraunts; I could wander around for days just in the area & not run out of new things to discover! This is all a short walk from the apartment...and I only got lost once on the way back :)
The view on the way back to the apartment.... I will miss it.
Alysa moved into model housing today; she will be staying with the other girls for the remainder of her stay here. I am looking at coming home the day after tomorrow. Sad that I have to cut the adventure short, but anxious to get back to work on my projects at home too.
Thats it for now, time to fix a bite of dinner--pasta, of course :)
Ciao!











No comments:

Post a Comment