Sunday, January 31, 2010

Porto Genova Antiques Market

Today, we woke up to a clear, sunny morning & decided to see if we could find the open air market at Porto Genova; all we knew is that is takes place the last Sunday of every month & there are lots of cool vintage clothes to be found.... After cappicino & getting directions from an English speaking Italian, we wandered through a few streets, turned the corner, & were greeted with this; hundreds of dealers lining both sides of the canal. Not only were there the dealers here, but on every side street, there were more to explore, plus all the specialty vintage shops & cafes in the area that were open :)

Although prices on a lot of things seemed high, I had a great time wandering through & looking at all the stuffs; there was everything: antique funiture, jewelry, vintage clothing, handmade items, books, dolls, and more.... It was cold, & there were tons of people, but it was a lot of fun :)
Alysa & Denise--another model, from Holland--were with me in the beginning, but I got sidetracked looking at all the cools stuffs & they wandered off on their own, which was ok. I rather enjoyed strolling through alone & looking & taking pics.
As usual, lots of dogs: I couldnt resist a quick snap of this large bassit hound in his green sweater :) Makes me laugh; too cute.
An amazing amount of antique chandeliers; I wish I could have brought a couple home to hang in my house! I settled instead for a nice selection of crystal pieces for jewelry making--enough to put together a nice collection of new pieces when I get back. I cant wait to play when I get home :) So far, thats all I have bought for souvineers (besides shoes) But, there is another market on Tuesday, so we shall see if I find any more treasures :)
Thats all for now. Alysa is off to castings again tomorrow, & I am going back to the computer repair shop to check up on progress. Looking forward to cappicino in the morning at our fav. little cafe around the corner....
Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment